Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of the soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, ligaments and tendons) to enhance a person's health and well being. It helps reduce stress, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote overall health and wellness.
The benefits of massage therapy:
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage treatments from a registered massage therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or receive treatment for specific injury or chronic pain. A therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well being.
Massage therapy can be an important part of your health maintenance plan.
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Improve joint mobility
- Improve circulation
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Strengthen immunity
- Reduce muscle tension
- Reduces stress
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps you sleep
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Maintains chronic conditions caused by activities of daily living
- Helps aid in tissue health which may decrease severity of future injury
- Helps with posture
- Reduces headaches
- Breaks up and adhesions and scar tissue